Please note that this event has now been cancelled.
We would like to invite you to join us at our Post-18 Pathways Information Evening for Parents being held on Wednesday 2nd March 2016 in the East Wing from 6.00pm – 7.30pm.
At Hayesfield, our Sixth Formers are given guidance about their Post-18 choices through the tutor programme and PSHE sessions. This evening event is an opportunity for you to receive the same information that has been shared with your son or daughter. This invitation is also extended to our current Year 11 parents as this is an opportunity to find out more about Post-18 pathways and the advice available.
In addition, I am delighted that the following Universities and Careers Advisors will be in attendance and are offering the following sessions:
- University of Bristol – UCAS: How to apply to University
- Helen Foley, Independent Careers Advisor – Higher Apprenticeships and Employment opportunities after A Level
- Mrs Turner, Hayesfield Careers Co-ordinator – Year 12 work placements
- Miss Trueman – What parents need to know about the graduate jobs market
- NCS (National Citizenship Service) – Nationally recognised voluntary experience
- Student Finance Post-18
As I am sure you are aware, all Year 12 students are required to complete a week’s professional work placement during the week commencing 11th July 2016. Mrs Turner, Careers Co-ordinator, and Mr Rutt, Deputy Head of Sixth Form, will be available to offer guidance on this matter during the evening.
I do hope you will be able to join us. Please complete and return the reply slip below to the Sixth Form Office by Wednesday 24th February so that we have an idea of numbers.
Download Reply Slip [PDF]
Miss C Trueman
Director of Sixth Form